Is It Partly Cloudy or Partly sunny, How Does Your Attitude and Energy Level Impact Your Sales?
How important do you think your attitude is to the sale?
I’m talking about a person that’s fired up with enthusiasm and passion for what you do. It’s having the physical and mental energy to keep on going after many people would give up and go home. It’s how you move, how you interact with another person, it’s in your tone and inflection. Your energy can make or break it!
“A sales person needs to stimulate me into buying their products. They need some energy, some enthusiasm, some spark.”
Energy = Level of Motivation:
- Motivate each other, if you want to be motivated, identify a peer within your organization who’s skills are almost the same as yours. If you both have an equal chance of success, the competition will motivate both of you
- Compliment publicly, letting others know about something positive that another person has done will drive everyone to a higher level of performance
- Set goals that can be accomplished, setting smaller personal goals you can accomplish helps you feel better and will in turn help you achieve even bigger results
- Celebrate your success, at the end of each day, look back on the most significant thing you accomplished that day and congratulate yourself
- Remove the talking heads, don’t allow negative voices, whether they be from a peer or even your favorite person to impact your day. Avoid them completely if possible, and if you are exposed to them, immediately seek out someone positive to move you back to a positive outlook
Appreciate the good – We need to remind ourselves to focus on the positive. Sometimes we get so bogged down by the things that are “wrong” in our lives that we forget to be grateful for the things we have that are right. Every so often, take a step back and look at everything you’ve achieved so far. Celebrate how far you’ve come, without worrying about how much there still is to do. As the late, great Earl Nightingale said, “We become what we think about all day long.”
Increase your physical activity level – Physical activity–whether it’s a sport, a workout at the gym or a brisk walk around the block–revitalizes and regenerates us in body and mind.
Call your favorite customer. –When you feel like you really need a lift, call your best customers and ask them for a testimonial. listen to the positive comments about you and their experience with your company. This will not only motivate you, but also reinforce why your customer wants to work with you.
“Too many salespeople when they come out of a bad sales call will call their spouse or mother as a way of gaining sympathy. Don’t do it. When you do this, they will only validate your beliefs. Instead, when you have a call that goes bad, pick up the phone and call one of your favorite customers and let them pick you up” – Mark Hunter
Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude can go a long way in forging long-lasting customer relationships. We sometimes underestimate the power of our attitudes and energy level when making sales calls. And your customers appreciate your positive approach more than you realize.
telemaximum team of digital sales enablement specialists who represent the best-in-class technology-stack for your business. We strive to deliver more than just systems knowledge and expertise. We understands how to maximize today’s sales and marketing tools to improve customer engagement without unnecessary disruption. From planning and integration to training and support, We help organizations leverage modern technology to achieve their goals and objectives.